12/13/2006 12:24:00 AM

Thoughts for the day

It’s been a little too long since my last posting and I felt I should update. I wish I was a better journalist, but I feel that if you don’t grow up doing it, you never get into the grove later on in life. Maybe I’ll prove myself wrong though. We’ll see…

Actually I think that it’s a common theme for me to apologize for not posting very often. I wonder why I can’t seem to keep up on my journaling? “Perhaps I’m not really cut out for this writing thing.” I worry. Nothing’s ever felt so correct though in my life… I just wish I had figured it out sooner that I was in love with story and writing and that I wanted to create it for a living. Maybe then I could have focused my efforts in college on that instead of International Studies. I think about wasted time a lot. I feel like I’ve wasted time. I feel like I’ve missed opportunities. I feel like I haven’t really prepared myself for the real world and for supporting myself in it. I’ve been job hunting ever since I got here in Los Angeles and every listing just tells me how unqualified for anything I really am. If that’s the case then, what the hell did I spend all that money going to college for then? Why did I waste 4 years of my life getting a degree that isn’t even going to get me into the goddamn interview? It’s depressing is what it is.

I’m depressed a lot these days actually. My life consists of getting up, going to work and coming home. I’m so tired usually that I can’t be bothered to write anything with Josh and I know that really bothers him too. Let’s see him go work for 8 hours and then come home and be creative though. He hasn’t had to work since we’ve gotten in here. That would be nice. Not having to work. Sitting around, reading books and thinking up new and exciting things. FUCK FOOD SERVICE! I knew, as soon as I got my job, I was going to hate it. Why did my boss have to be a Kappa Sig? Why’d he have to be a coke-addicted, bi-polar freak!? As soon as the new year hits, I’m going to quit. That’s final.

1 Comments:

Blogger Alex Quoteth...

I have always thought that a formal writing education is not necessary to be a writer. Is that wrong?

Bad luck about the non-Beta-Psi, though...

14 December, 2006 23:13  

Post a Comment

<< Home